World War II Assignment
Read a few of the articles from each School of Thought on the atomic bombings. Choose one School of Thought that resonates with you, and defend your position.
Your introductory paragraph should contain a topic sentence and thesis statement.
• Topic sentence: what is your paper about?
• Example: The dropping of the atomic bomb is considered one of the most difficult decisions in history. (You have let the reader know what the subject matter is (the dropping of the atomic bomb) and that the “decision” to drop the bomb is your focus.
• Thesis statement:
What are your going to prove or argue? YOUR WHOLE PAPER RELIES ON THIS SENTENCE! Your thesis statement should contain 3 points that you will be arguing.
Example: This paper will prove that the invasion of Normandy was necessary for Germany to surrender because it pushed the Germans out of Western Europe, severely damaged their military at the Battle of the Bulge, and pressured Hitler to surrender when he saw that Berlin was going to be besieged by the Allied forces.
Do you see how the above example has 3 points that will be used to prove that the invasion of Normandy was necessary for Hitler to surrender?
You will need 3 points to prove your thesis about the necessity of dropping the atomic bombs over Japan.
• The body of your paper should clearly support your points and include direct quotes from each of the articles.
• Your conclusion should support your thesis. You should close with a strong, compelling argument or a brief summary of your 2-3 strongest arguments. Your conclusion should do more than restate the thesis. You must remind the reader of all you have proven (similar to a closing argument of a prosecutor or defense attorney).
• Sources need to be cited in APA format within the essay and you need to provide a bibliography at the end.
• APA format
• 1200 word minimum/1600 word maximum
• You may also use additional sources to supplement the facts for your paper; however, they must not be from history.net, history channel, or wikipedia.
• NO TITLE PAGE IS NECESSARY.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help