[SOLVED] the role of a Global HRD professional
INDIVIDUAL PAPER ON GLOBAL HRD
In this paper, you will be playing the role of a Global HRD professional who needs to provide recommendations for expatriates who as a part of a global HRD program work for MNC operating in the country/region. Choose a Country/within a Region from the list of countries in Chapters 12-23 of your Textbook (Marquardt, M., Berger, N., & Loan, P. 2004) and specifically focus on Chapter 7 (Marquardt, M., Berger, N., & Loan, P. 2004) and apply it to a particular country.
You will be writing a report that is designed to give those expatriates background about the country, its culture and business practices. In addition, you will address the issues below:
What are the synergies between the US culture and the specific country you are focusing on that can be optimized for establishing a Global HRD program?
What are the dissimilarities between the cultures of the two countries/regions that need to be addressed for establishing a Global HRD program?
Give concrete Recommendations for expatriates who as a part of a global HRD program work for MNC operating in the chosen country within a region
The specific objectives of this paper are:
1. Research, understand and write a background on a specific country.
2. Describe the “culture” of the country and typical business practices.
3. Identify and explain the main synergies and dissimilarities between the United States and the country you are focusing on as well as the main challenges the expatriates will most likely encounter.
4. Provide recommendations to Expatriates who as a part of a global HRD program work for MNC operating in the chosen country within a region including selecting, preparing, retaining and repatriating the expatriates back.
Guidelines for paper:
The following sections should be included in the paper. Below please find the guidelines for each section including the suggestions for page length.
1. Executive summary: This short summary of the paper should include the country analyzed, a very brief description of the main synergies and differences between the US and the country, and a short highlight of recommendations (include your best suggestions).
(1/2 page on a separate page)
2. General overview of the chosen country: This overview/background should provide factual background data about the country. It may include topics such as: historical, geographic, political, economic, religious/philosophical, social, and aesthetic information. You can also elaborate in the country’s main industries. (2-3 pages)
3. Country’s culture: You can elaborate on country’s cultural frameworks/dimensions (see Chapter 2 from Marquardt, M., Berger, N., & Loan, P. 2004). Business practices regarding HRD how it is constructed and currently practiced. Business practices might include training, employee education, coaching, mentoring, acquiring and retaining employees, preferred ways to reward employees etc.
4. Significant synergies and differences between US and the country you are focusing on and the challenges most likely to encounter (both in the context of work and education system). You are not limited on the synergies only between US. and the other country of your choice. You may choose two other different countries or multiple countries to describe synergies and differences. Providing references can help substantiate that what you write is true and factual.
This is an analysis of the most significant ways the US and the chosen country differ and the challenges those expatriates moving abroad will most likely encounter when working to establish a Global HRD program. For e.g., challenges might include but are not limited to a shortage of high-level manpower, an outflow of talented people, a constantly changing demographic situation etc. You are to identify and explain the most significant differences followed by a discussion of their accompanying challenges in the context of work. To make this determination you need to draw on your research of the country outside of class and your understanding and research on US and its culture.
5. Recommendations: This section is designed to provide concrete recommendation for expatriates who as a part of a global HRD program work for MNC operating in the chosen country within a region. The recommendations are designed to help these expatriates develop realistic expectations and to provide specific recommendations on how to deal with the main challenges they will most likely encounter when working as a part of a Global HRD program. Concrete recommendation need to include selecting, preparing, retaining and repatriating the expatriates back (see Marquardt, M., Berger, N., & Loan, P. 2004. Chapter 7). If you see it fit you can develop pre-departure training recommendations to help prepare expatriate for the Global assignment. You should also develop recommendations on how to deal with particular challenges you identified in the previous section. To make this more practical you may want to select a particular industry/business and what your expatriates are going to do and why they are send to the foreign country. This will make it clearer why you are giving these specific recommendations. Please be creative!
6. Conclusion: A short discussion of the value added by your recommendations. This is the time to “sell your best recommendations”. Explain how your recommendations will benefit the expatriate in his/her Global assignment (employees) and organizations (employers).
Please start your paper with a tittle page including your name, date, course, and title of paper. Please use APA style. The paper is to be typed, double-spaced, approximately 17-21 pages long not including the title page, executive summary, references. Use headings to specifically separate sections identified above and use sub-headings to help organize paper. Please number the pages and staple the document. (Please do not use covers.). Please use 12-point font and 1 inch margins.
Writing clarity, proper grammar, and spelling are expected. A poorly written paper will have a negative impact on the reader and your grade. Be sure to proofread, properly cite sources, and include a reference page.
Due Dates: I would encourage you to start working on this paper early. You may turn the paper in early at any point in the semester. You need to be well organized, focused, conduct in depth analysis of the country and its practices and provide specific recommendations.
E-mail me the name of the country you are focusing via email.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help