[SOLVED] The NSA, The USA Patriot Act and USA Freedom Act
Paper 1: 6 paper pages – The NSA, The USA Patriot Act and USA Freedom Act.
The USA Patriot Act and USA Freedom Act aim to enhance our counterterrorism efforts as it relates to domestic surveillance. Write an analysis of this legislation that addresses the following:
• The extent of surveillance overreach, if any, by the NSA.
• The USA Freedom Act and its strengths and weaknesses as it pertains to securing the homeland and detecting and preventing terrorism.
• How the USA Freedom Act was intended to address the shortcomings of the USA Patriot Act.
• The potential courses of legislative and judicial action to address these issues.
• The justification and legality of mass domestic surveillance.
Resources in addition to any external scholarly sources.
Paper 2: 2 paper pages
Since the passing of the USA Patriot Act, the U.S. has been ensnared in a debate on the balance between the demands of civil liberties and homeland security.
• Does the way that the U.S. gathers intelligence unduly invade individuals’ privacy rights?
• To what degree are you willing to relinquish some civil liberties in order to ensure we do not experience a domestic terror attack?
Resources: Any external scholarly sources.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help