[SOLVED] The Ethics of Genetic Modification
Philosophy 76 Biomedical Ethics
The Ethics of Genetic Modification
You are to watch the following videos on Genetic Modification:
1. The Ethics of Dilemma of Designer Babies https://youtu.be/nOHbn8Q1fBM
2. Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever: https://youtu.be/jAhjPd4uNFY
3. Rent or purchase the movie Gattaca and watch it. (You can find this to rent on several streaming services, including YouTube and Amazon Prime for $4).
Read the following article titled No Time to Waste: The Ethical Challenges Created by CRISPR: https://www.embopress.org/doi/full/10.15252/embr.201541337
After taking notes on the videos and the article, write up a 2 to 4-page reflection. Discuss in your reflection what stands out to you and why. In your reflection discuss how the movie Gattaca relates to this, showing how the movie itself is an argument against the use of genetic engineering.
You will be graded in the following way:
1) Did you type up at least two whole pages (or up to three pages) in Microsoft word (Double Space / Times New Romans font / Normal margin boarders)?
2) Did you identify intelligently with what resonated with you in the two videos and the article, and did you connect it with the movie Gattaca?
3) Did you engage in a meaningful way with the videos in your reflection?
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help