[SOLVED] Project Objective Statement
- Official Project Title
- Project Objective Statement
Explain in one short paragraph the overall objective of the project, the budget and completion date.
Examples of objective statements:
- To increase the high school’s capacity by 20% and improve the flow of student traffic between classrooms to decrease time between classes to 6 minutes to be completed by September 2020 with a budget of $200,000.
- To meet new compliance regulations by developing digital archives for 25,000 documents currently held in paper files by January 2021 with a budget of $1 million.
- To raise $40,000 dollars for Tsunami disaster relief by October 2020 by organizing a community swap meet and bake sale within a budget of $3,000.
C. Project Scope and Critical Success Criteria
The Project Scope defines the products and services provided by a project and identifies the limits of the project. In other words, the Project Scope establishes the boundaries of a project.
Use as much space as you need, however, it should be no longer than ½ to ¾ of a page.
Examples of Scope statements:
- The Community Bake Sale will use the facilities at North Hill High School to host the bake sale which sell donated baked goods from Whole Foods, Acme Shopper and Walmart’s to the general public which will be informed of the bake sale through the network of community churches, posters at the community center and park as well as with direct emails from the Chamber of Commerce.
- The New School will replace existing math textbooks with free resources obtained from the digital library and linked into the class website by the four assistant librarians.
- Measures of Success
Provide a summary of the Success Criteria. Consider the criteria that would determine the level of a project’s success.
For example, a project could be deemed a success:
- If the bake sale increases sales by 15% over last year’s sales
- If the bake sale collects $200
- If the bake sale has no incidents of food poisoning
- If the bake sale attracts a minimum of 500 attendees
The methodology section should describe how these criteria will be assessed.
- A baseline of current expenses would be required at the outset of the project and at the end of one-year following the project completion the expenses will be calculated to determine if the 50% increase was achieved.
- A survey of all attendees will be taken as they exit the facility
- A quality test will be conducted to determine if the number of defects was decreased by 20% from the original manufacturing run.
You may include as many success criteria as you feel are appropriate but there should be at least three.
|Success Criteria 1:|
|Success Criteria 2:|
|Success Criteria 3:|
|Success Criteria 4:|
- Required Resources
Identify (to the best of your ability using general estimations and ranges) the initial funding, number and type of personnel, and other resources such as raw materials or plant/facility space, committed to this project by the project sponsor.
|Allocation and Source|
|Funding||Source: (i.e. Federal Grant)||Amount: $|
(include all of the functional departments which will be involved in the project)
|Plant and Facilities
|Software and Technology
The Signatures of the people below document approval of the formal Project Charter. The Project Sponsor is the major funder of the project and has the authority to increase or decrease the budget, scope or timeline of the project. The Project Manager is empowered by this charter to proceed with the project as outlined in the charter.
This section does not need to be completed, it is placed here because it is a critical component of the charter but for the purposes of this course, it is not needed.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help