[SOLVED] Nurse knowledge and engagement in health policy making: Findings from a pilot study
1. Read: Nurse knowledge and engagement in health policy making: Findings from a pilot study (Links to an external site.) (Lewinski, 2018)
The healthcare industry is made up of diverse people and teams. This includes individuals who create policies, groups who lobby for legislation, and the people and teams who implement and follow laws and policies. For this assignment, you will reflect on your role, past, present, and future, regarding health policies. While research is encouraged for this assignment, in-text citations are not necessary. The purpose of this assignment is to provide your instructor with your knowledge framework and allow you to reflect on your knowledge and identify biases.
In an introductory paragraph, briefly summarize your scope of knowledge regarding health policy, both state/federal, and organizational policies.
In a second paragraph, explain why you wish to develop a deeper understanding of the policy creation, implementation, and assessment process. For example, how will understanding health policy improve your professional practice at a nurse practitioner?
In a closing paragraph, address the following questions:
• What biases/strong opinions do you have regarding health policy (state, federal, organizational policies)?
• What caused those biases/opinions to develop (personal experiences, patient interactions, etc.)?
• How will you respectfully maintain or evolve your bias/opinions as you advance in this course, and your career as a nurse practitioner?
• What is your primary source of information for staying up to date on state and federal health policy (names of publications, websites, organization-disseminated information, etc.)?
APA style should be followed throughout this assignment. Please include a title page.
Support your work with 2 Scholarly references.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help