[SOLVED] Gubser Welding, Inc
Gubser Welding, Inc., operates a welding service for construction and automotive repair jobs. Assume that the arrival of jobs at the company’s office can be described by a Poisson probability distribution with an arrival rate of one job per 8-hour day. The time required to complete the jobs follows a normal probability distribution, with a mean time of 5.5 hours and a standard deviation of 2 hours. Answer the following questions, assuming that Gubser uses one welder to complete all jobs:
- What is the mean arrival rate in jobs per hour? If required, round your answer to two decimal places. per hour
- What is the mean service rate in jobs per hour? If required, round your answer to four decimal places. per hour
- What is the average number of jobs waiting for service? If required, round your answer to three decimal places.
- What is the average time a job waits before the welder can begin working on it? If required, round your answer to one decimal place. hours
- What is the average number of hours between when a job is received and when it is completed? If required, round your answer to one decimal place. hours
- What percentage of the time is Gubser’s welder busy?% of the time the welder is busy.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help