[SOLVED] General Psychology
PSYC 2301 – General Psychology – Term Paper Assignment Instructions
Due Date: By Friday, June 24, your electronic copy (.doc, .docx or .pdf only) must be submitted through eCampus before 11:58 p.m. Late paper submissions will NOT be accepted.
Point Value: 70 Points (see “Grading Criteria” at the bottom of this page)
- APA Style – American Psychological Association (only exception – NO abstract section is required for this paper)
- learn about APA formatting, through Purdue University’s resource, click this link:Purdue Online Writing Lab
- r copy and paste this URL onto your browser
- Required Length: Between 800 and 1,000 words, in addition to a title page and reference page.
Core Course and Assignment Objective:
This assignment intends to promote and assess college students’ critical thinking skills, as well as their personal sense of social and civic responsibility, intercultural competence and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national and global communities. In order to achieve this, through this paper, you are to address the following:
- ➢ Identify a particular psychological or social problem, which appears to be currently commonplace in our society. For instance, you may decide to address depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, violence, racism, sexism, homophobia, creedism, etc. These are only examples, but you may choose from numerous other issues, including more specific psychological disorders. It may be helpful to select subject matter that is specifically addressed within our class textbook, although you are also welcome to report on themes beyond what is included there.
- ➢ After choosing your particular topic, briefly describe the perceived problem. This should include some of the potential causes or reasons for the perpetuation of this challenge, for individuals, as well as for our broader society.
- ➢ Consider and describe material and suggestions that you could include, if you were to hypothetically write a formal letter to a societal leader or legislator who may have some influence in remedying or assisting with the particular problem that you have chosen to address.
- ➢ Consider and describe additional measures or behaviors in which you could personally engage, to help alleviate the selected problem within our society, and potentially for yourself, as an individual.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to earn a good grade on this assignment, as you address the objectives described above, be sure that the data you provide is corroborated by the professional field of psychology and its research. This can be supported by including information addressed within your textbook, as well as within your required, secondary source, which is explained below (see “Requirements and Recommendations”). In other words, YOUR subjective view on these matters is important, but this essay should address MORE than only your opinion.
Requirements and Recommendations:
- ➢ In addition to the textbook, you are required to use at least one other, reputable, source of information. This can be a separate book, a professional journal or magazine article, a website, etc. If this requirement is not fulfilled, you will automatically be deducted 10 points. If you are not sure if your reference is “reputable,” please email me the name of the source and/or the link, and I will advise you. DO NOT use Wikipedia as your secondary source.
- ➢ If your writing skills are not good, please use the Dallas College Tutoring Services, which can be accessed through this link
- ➢ Essays containing plagiarized material will automatically earn a grade of zero. Plagiarism means using someone else’s words, as if they were your own, without them being quoted, cited and included in the references page. For more information regarding plagiarism, link here: https://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism
Grading Criteria (70 possible points):
- 35 points – Fulfillment of assignment “Objective” described above
- 15 points – College level organization & structure of essay (introduction, flow of ideas, conclusion, etc.)
- 10 points – College level writing (grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc.).
- 10 points – Following the “Paper Format” instructions above, including the implementation of APA style and the required length.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help