[SOLVED] Communication with families of ELLs
Communication with families of ELLs can be challenging but it is vital for student success and family engagement. Many families may be unfamiliar with the standard practices of education in this country. Understanding assessment and how assessment data is used can be particularly difficult to discuss depending on the families’ previous experience with assessment in other educational settings.
Create a digital newsletter for families of ELLs to explain assessment practices. Consider how you communicate the information for non-native English-speaking families. Include the following in your newsletter:
• Description of each type of assessment (diagnostic, formative, and summative), including how and when each will be used to support English language instruction
• Explanation of alignment of the assessments to ELP and content standards and the use of assessment data to determine student progress in both language and content
• Description of testing accommodations for ELLs
• Discussion of how the data from assessments will be used to inform instructional decisions and planning, including enrichment and interventions
• Identify strategies to communicate timely and meaningful feedback with students and families, including student self-reflection strategies
Support your newsletter with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help