[SOLVED] A rehabilitation hospital facility
Instruction: Imagine that the individual is being discharged home from a rehabilitation hospital facility. Your responsibility as their OT is to make sure that the home environment is free of any barriers, which may interfere with their ability to function independently. The individual is a Medicaid recipient.
Short disruptions of the client: The client diagnosis: bilateral lower extremity above knee amputation. His name is Evan Smith. He is 34 year-old male.Mr. Evan requires a wheelchair for everyday chores and activities.( 2 Lite – Quickie Folding Lightweight Wheelchair by Sunrise Medical; SKU: SM184WM58;MPN/Model: 184WM58 ;Brand: Quickie Wheelchairs)
Other means of mobility such as prosthetic limbs severely limit his ability to move around especially for longer distances. He has the trunk balance and equilibrium to handle the weight of a wheelchair. He’s physically strong and demonstrates a sufficient hand grasp along with an ability to self-propel over varied terrain and getting over slightly raised/lowered surfaces. Taking in the account his functional status, Mr. Evan needs a light weight wheelchair to maximize his mobility independence
He lives in 2- story house. No steps to enter the house. It has a large eat in kitchen, with a table and four chairs. The living room is on the first floor. The living room rug has a large 9×12 area rug. A half bathroom is located on the first floor. The master bedroom and main bathroom are upstairs. The upstairs staircase has 13 steps. The main bathroom has a tub with shower. The master bedroom has a large king size bed, chest of drawers and a dresser. It also has wall to wall carpeting. There is very little space to around the bed or to make up the bed. A smaller bedroom is also located on this floor.
Based on Evan’s description please answer the following questions and provide the hyperlink. If you don’t have enough information about Evan you can make it up
1. Patient’s age, sex, DX and ambulation status.
2. Description of patient’s problems
3.Description of person, family and responsibilities
4. Description of person’s home after your suggested changes have been made (floor plan)
5. Specific modifications made in kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
6. Identify all equipment provided to your patient rational for choice and price
7. Analyze home for safety issues and indicate how you resolved them
8. Detailed and specific justifications to ensure insurance coverage
9. Description of payer sources and reimbursement. Include alternate funding or solutions to specific barriers not reimbursed.
10. Indicate the source from where you obtained this equipment. Only the internet is to be used to gather information on equipment. You will need to provide links the show what equipment you are recommending to address your problem list. For example: grab bars: $16 Provide hyperlink where did you find the grabs bars with this price…..
Instructions for providing links:
In order to establish hyperlinks that goes to a web page, in Microsoft word, go to “insert” on the top line, click on the insert and look for hyperlink. If hyperlink is not immediately visible, click on arrows to show other options. After clicking on hyperlink, type in internet address in dialog box in line which indicates as follows: Type the file or web page name. After clicking on okay, the link will be inserted in your paper. More specific instructions can be found in the help menu.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help