Please cite appropriate articles/book chapters in the answer (for instance “Bourdieu (1985) said that …”). You do not need to submit a bibliography; the syllabus serves this purpose. Do not use readings from outside the course. Each answer is worth 10 points in total. The exam is therefore out of a total of 40 marks.
1. What is the difference between cultural capital and social capital in terms of the educational advantages they can result in? Give 2 examples of how social capital and 2 examples of how cultural capital play out at UTSC (in other words, tell us how people with more cultural/social capital tend to do better at UTSC).
2. Using the report by Bernard et. al. (2020) explain why students drop out of UTSC? Use two additional readings in the course to provide further insights into this question.
3. Use readings by Yoon and Gulson, Hunter, and Basu, to explain how language affects educational privilege/disadvantage?
4. Use this video to outline two key aspects of Charter schools. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qDw5CRk_gc&t=8s
Using two course readings of your choice, explain the context of the schooling choice/parental choice movement, including why it happened, what its common components are, and what its social effects tend to be.
5. Why did the Truth and Reconciliation Commission call Canada’s policy of residential schools one of “cultural genocide”? Use at least 2 other readings (in addition to the TRC report) from the course to answer this question.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help