How to title an essay
Importance of an essay title
The title is the face of your essay. It creates either a good or a bad impression about your essay. Your essay title speaks volumes about your content. To make sure that your content stands out from other writings, follow our guide to know how to come up with a catchy, sensible, and strong title for your essay.
Qualities of a good essay title
· Eye-catching: Make the reader curious about your content by using an attention-grabbing title. No matter how much your content makes sense, a boring title will be its killer as no one will bother to know what you have to say.
· Realistic: A complicated and exaggerated title will make your idea delivery difficult since it strays the content from the truth. This ruins the audience's trust in you. As far as you want an attention-grabbing topic, don't be tempted to use a false headline that doesn't even relate to your content.
· Easy to access: Convey your topic at a glance by using an easy to understand the title. Avoid discouraging fonts, structures, and jargon or abbreviations.
· Should be engaging: Use an active voice for your title rather than a passive voice that is less attractive. Engage the reader by triggering their minds to have these questions.
· Short: Make your title as short as possible as long titles put off some readers
· Original: Avoid copying other authors’ titles. If you find a title that relates to your work, customize it to use but don’t copy and paste it as yours.
Essay title components
· Attention-grabbing: Creatively introduces your content prompting the reader to read the paper.
· Keywords related to the topic: These are the main concepts your essay is exploring.
· Keywords to focus on: They provide the reader with important information about what they are about to read.
How to create an essay title
· Write the essay then, a title later: Begin working on the content right away and avoid wasting precious time thinking of the most appropriate title. Cohesively get your ideas and, you will be inspired as you write the paper with the best title ideas.
· Use your thesis statement: The thesis statement ensures that the title and the paper’s content are perfectly in line. This will avoid misleading the audience and save time on finding the best headline.
· Play around with words and popular phrases: Manipulate and correlate popular words or phrases for your topic.
· Make use of your essay’s tone: Ensure your content's tone perfectly match the title. For a serious tone, don't go for a funny topic but use an equivalent serious topic and avoid jargon or abbreviations.
· Use a part of the essay or a key point in the essay: If possible, use a quote from your content. For example, if writing about a film you watched, use a popular phrase within the film.
· Sum up the entire essay using just three words: Find the three words representing the essay's main point, put a colon after them, and use a statement that summarizes what the essay is about.
Your title plays an important role in your content by acting as the stepping stone or the pitfall. We have provided a list of sample catchy essay titles that you may use for your writings.
Catchy titles for an essay
· What is technology’s future with artificial intelligence?
· How is a modern technology used to solve ancient problems?
· Is virtual reality real and, is time travel real?
· Are family ties important?
· Should juveniles be sentenced?
· Cosmetic surgery trends: threats it poses to teenagers
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help