[SOLVED] Epidemiology of Human Pathogens
Module #4: Treatment, Pathogenicity and Epidemiology of Human Pathogens
This semester, you will build a written portfolio on a pathogen that is currently affecting your selected healthcare field
or in biotechnology. Instead of traditional homework questions about the content of the chapter, each module
homework assignment will help you build parts of that portfolio. At the end of the semester, you will submit the
“Infectious Disease Essay” which will be the culmination of all your hard work on the content this semester.
Module #4 is significant during this project. It is highly applicable to the fields many of our students enter. In this
module, we discussed how infectious diseases are treated, how pathogenic they are and how prevalent they are in the
world. In order to treat diseases, we have to understand where they come from and how they are transmitted. Please
answer the following questions in at least a two-page essay (double-space, 1-inch margins). To answer these questions
well, you will likely need more than two pages. Remember to cite according in your essay and list sour peer-reviewed
sources at the bottom.
1. Describe the prevalence and transmission of the disease/pathogen.
2. When was it first identified? Who discovered it?
3. Where (in the world, be specific) is the disease prevalent? How many people are currently infected?
4. What is the rate of new infections? What are the rates of morbidity and mortality?
5. What is/are the reservoirs of the pathogen? What is/are the mode(s) of transmission?
6. What are the major signs and symptoms of infection?
7. How is the disease diagnosed?
8. What types of medical treatment(s) exist? Describe how these treatments affect the progression of the disease.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Remember to keep track of any papers you find to support your work. You will need to use them
to compile a “Works Cited” page for your Infectious Disease Essay.
All submissions will be checked against the SafeAssign software in Blackboard. You should review your score once you
upload your paper. If the score is ≥35-40%, you may want to look at the paper and make sure you do not have too many
direct quotes from outside sources. It is OKAY to use direct quotes, but you must use in-text citations correctly to avoid
I highly recommend the Purdue Online Writing Laboratory (OWL) website for help with the APA formatting Epidemiology of Human Pathogens Epidemiology of Human Pathogens.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help