In this assignment, students will perform a security assessment on a firewall.
Using the networked VMs from the Access Control Environment Installation assignment, perform a port scan of the PFSense firewall system using the Kali VM. Create a screenshot showing the results.
Using the scan results, choose five open/closed ports and determine the applicable protocol/application.
For each port, research and explain why it is good (or bad) that the default configuration is standardized.
Research and implement the basics of PFSense post-installation configuration.
- Update to the latest stable version.
- Set HTTPS to port 8443.
- Include the traffic graph on the dashboard.
- Disable port traffic for World of Warcraft.
- Disable port traffic for torrent applications.
- Disable inbound ICMP protocol.
- Choose a social media website and disable all domains for that website.
- Choose a video streaming website and enable all domains for that website.
Using the Kali VM, run another port scan. Note the differences against the original scan.
As a follow-up, research and explain the common vulnerabilities associated with the standard installation of this PFSense firewall.
Create a 700- to 1,200-word step-by-step instruction guide for the post-installation configuration. Make sure to include all required explanations and at least eight screenshots.
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help