Assignment 1 — The Social Impact of Population Growth
The United Nations has hired you to be a consultant on global issues and one of the challenges is assessing the impact of population growth. There is no question that the world population will grow dramatically in the next decade throughout the world. The UN is working to understand the impact that population growth has on society, specifically in developing countries. Your first project is to develop a white paper (a synonym for assessment used in diplomatic circles) on three issues related to the population growth faced by one of these countries. Read the brief assessment below and answer the three questions below.
The world’s population is expanding at such a rate that some natural resources are being stripped from the environment. This assignment deals with how global institutions are working to prevent the loss of these resources and the consequences of not having access to them.
For your white paper, research the impact of population growth on society and write a minimum of four pages assessing this impact, citing at least five credible sources in your research. As you compose your paper, review the United Nations list of developing countries (available on the United Nations website) and select one country to use as an example throughout your assessment. Please include:
- A cover page with your name, title of course, date, and the name of your instructor.
- A one-half page introduction.
- A middle section that is numbered and divided into three one-page sections. Each of these sections should answer one of the following questions:
- What are greenhouse gases? How do they contribute to global warming?
- What kinds of economic, security, political, and other challenges do these emissions pose to the people of the developing world, and who are the biggest offenders?
- Is there any way to control the growth of population on a global level?
- A one-half page conclusion.
- This makes it a minimum total of four pages.
- Cite at least five credible sources excluding Wikipedia, dictionaries and encyclopedias for your assessment.
- For a brief list of resources for this assignment, please see the end of the course guide.
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
Are you overwhelmed by your class schedule and need help completing this assignment? You deserve the best professional and plagiarism-free writing services. Allow us to take the weight off your shoulders by clicking this button.Get help